IPL, a franchise-based T20 cricket league organized in India, is the largest T20 league in the world in terms of brand value. It can also be called the festival of cricket in India. In each of its matches, some new records are made and broken. There are many such unique records in IPL, about which very few people know. That’s why in this article we are going to tell you 15 unique records of IPL
IPL 15 Unique Records
- Chris Gayle holds the record for playing the biggest innings in IPL, he scored 175* off 66 balls against Pune Warriors India in 2012.
- The record for the best bowling performance in IPL is held by Alzarri Joseph, who had a best of 6/12 against Sunrisers Hyderabad in 2019.
- Mumbai Indians is the team that has won the trophy most number of times in IPL. They have become champions in 2013, 2015, 2017, 2019, and 2020.
- The record of winning by the margin of most runs in the IPL is in the name of Mumbai Indians. He won against Delhi Daredevils (now Delhi Capitals) in 2017 by 146 runs in Delhi.
- The biggest run-chasing team in IPL is Rajasthan Royals, who chased 224 runs against Chennai in Sharjah in 2020.
- It has happened only once in IPL history (in 2022) when Chennai Super Kings have lost both the opening matches.
- Andrew Tye is the only bowler in IPL who took a hat-trick in his debut match. He achieved this feat in 2017 against Rising Pune Supergiant for Gujarat Lions.
- Sam Curran is the youngest bowler to take a hat-trick in IPL. He made this record in 2019 at the age of 20 years 302 days against Delhi Capitals while playing for Kings XI Punjab (now Punjab Kings).
- Yuvraj Singh is the only player who has taken a hat-trick twice in a season of IPL. He took a hat-trick against Royal Challengers Bangalore and against Deccan Chargers in 2009 while playing for Punjab Kings.
- Prayas Ray Burman is the youngest (16 years 157 days) player to make his IPL debut. He made his debut for RCB against Hyderabad in 2019.
- Adam Gilchrist is the oldest batsman to score a century in IPL. He played an innings of 106 runs in 55 balls against RCB while playing for Kings XI Punjab in 2011.
- Chris Gayle has scored the fastest century (in 30 balls) and Manish Pandey has the slowest century (in 67 balls) in IPL.
- Most centuries (7) were scored in the 9th season of IPL i.e. 2016. Apart from this, 6-6 centuries were scored in 2008, 2011 and 2012.
- Chris Gayle holds the record for most centuries (6) in IPL. Apart from this, Virat Kohli is the Indian to score the most (5) centuries. Kohli also holds the record for most centuries (4) in a season.