The clash intensifies as Paarl Royals and MI Cape Town lock horns once again in Match 14 of the 2024 SA20, just three days after their previous encounter. MI Cape Town dominated the Royals in their last match, securing a convincing 8-wicket victory. As they face each other at Boland Park, both teams aim for supremacy. The day-night showdown kicks off in Paarl at 15:30 local time.
Table of content
Team News: Paarl Royals are likely to stick to their winning combination, even after the defeat against MI Cape Town.
- Jos Buttler: The keeper-batsman has been in excellent form, top-scoring in the last two games.
- Jason Roy: Despite a brief stint in the last head-to-head, Roy is anticipated to make a strong impact.
- Tabraiz Shamsi: The left-arm spinner remains a key figure in the bowling attack.
- Lungi Ngidi: A consistent performer, although he had a lean match in the last encounter.
MI Cape Town:
Team News: MI Cape Town is expected to field the same XI after their dominant performance.
- Ryan Rickleton: The opener, awarded Player of the Match in the last encounter, brings confidence to the team.
- Rassie van der Dussen: In fantastic form, he is a reliable top-order batter.
- Thomas Kaber: The wrist spinner showcased his skills with a crucial wicket in the last game.
- Kagiso Rabada: The pace bowler provides consistency and a threat to the opposition.
Head to Head Stats in T20s:
- Matches Played: 3
- PR Won: 0
- MICT Won: 3
- Tie/No Result: 0
Top Team Batsmen:
- Paarl Royals: Jason Roy, Jos Buttler, David Miller
- MI Cape Town: Ryan Rickleton, Rassie van der Dussen, Dewald Brevis
Top Team Bowlers:
- Paarl Royals: Tabraiz Shamsi, Lungi Ngidi, Obed McCoy
- MI Cape Town: Thomas Kaber, Sam Curran, Kagiso Rabada
Toss Prediction: To Bowl
With four consecutive matches in the SA20 seeing the toss-winning captain opt to bat first, MI Cape Town broke the pattern by choosing to field first in their recent win over Paarl Royals. It’s expected that both teams in this game will lean towards fielding first.
Watch the exciting battle on Sky Sports Cricket, Sports18, and Supersport. For live streaming, tune in to Sky Go, Now TV, and JioCinema.
No rain is expected, ensuring uninterrupted play in Paarl. The temperature is forecasted to be around 27 degrees Celsius.
The pitch at Boland Park offers assistance to both spinners and pace bowlers. Any score over 185 in the first innings will pose a challenging target for the chasing team.
The quick turnaround after Friday’s encounter intensifies the clash. While Paarl Royals, especially with Jos Buttler’s form, can be tough opponents, MI Cape Town, riding on their recent momentum, are favored to win a closely contested match on Sunday.
MI Cape Town to beat Paarl Royals.