Tanzid Hasan Tamim, born on December 1, 2000, in Bogura, Bangladesh, has been making waves in the country’s cricketing circuit. His journey from a young talent to a prominent cricketer is noteworthy.
- Twenty20 Debut: Tamim made his Twenty20 debut for Uttara Sporting Club during the 2018–19 Dhaka Premier Division Twenty20 Cricket League on February 26, 2019, showcasing his skills in the shortest format of the game.
- List A Introduction: He furthered his cricketing journey by making his List A debut for Uttara Sporting Club in the 2018–19 Dhaka Premier Division Cricket League on March 8, 2019, marking his presence in the 50-over format.
Rise to Prominence
Tanzid Hasan Tamim’s impressive performances did not go unnoticed, and he soon found himself on the national radar.
- Under-19 World Cup: In December 2019, Tamim was named in Bangladesh’s squad for the 2020 Under-19 Cricket World Cup, representing his country on the global stage.
- First-Class Debut: Tamim made his mark in first-class cricket when he debuted for East Zone in the final of the 2019–20 Bangladesh Cricket League on February 22, 2020, showcasing his capabilities in the longer format.
His consistent performances earned him a place in the national squad, a significant milestone for any aspiring cricketer.
- Bangladesh Emerging Squad: In February 2021, Tamim’s talent was acknowledged as he was selected in the Bangladesh Emerging squad for their home series against the Ireland Wolves, providing him with an opportunity to prove himself on the international stage.
Tanzid Hasan Tamim’s journey in cricket is a testament to his dedication and skill. With each step, he is solidifying his place in the world of Bangladeshi cricket and is undoubtedly a name to watch out for in the years to come.