Match 11 of the Women’s Big Bash League 2023 is set to feature an exciting clash between Sydney Thunder Women and Melbourne Renegades Women. The match will be held at the iconic Sydney Cricket Ground (SCG) in Sydney on October 26, with a scheduled start time of 9:30 AM IST. As fantasy cricket enthusiasts gear up for this high-octane encounter, here are some valuable insights and player picks to help you craft your Dream11 team.
- Match: Sydney Thunder Women vs. Melbourne Renegades Women, Match 11
- Date: October 26, 2023
- Time: 9:30 AM IST
- Venue: Sydney Cricket Ground (SCG), Sydney
In this early stage of the Women’s Big Bash League 2023, Sydney Thunder Women have played one match and currently occupy the third position on the points table. Melbourne Renegades Women, on the other hand, have featured in two matches and find themselves in the fourth spot.
The previous encounter between these two teams took place in Match 47 of the Women’s Big Bash League 2022. In that game, Sammy-Jo Johnson was the standout performer for Sydney Thunder Women, accumulating an impressive 44 match fantasy points. Hayley Matthews led the fantasy points chart for Melbourne Renegades Women with a remarkable 101 match fantasy points.
In their most recent outings, Sydney Thunder Women registered a commanding victory over Sydney Sixers Women, prevailing by 42 runs. The star of the match for Sydney Thunder Women was Chamari Athapaththu, who contributed significantly with 168 fantasy points.
Meanwhile, Melbourne Renegades Women secured a dominant 81-run victory against Adelaide Strikers Women in their previous clash. Harmanpreet Kaur was the top fantasy performer for Melbourne Renegades Women, amassing 124 fantasy points.
Pitch Report and Weather Conditions:
The Sydney Cricket Ground (SCG) generally offers a balanced pitch for both batsmen and bowlers. The average first innings score in the last 11 matches at this venue has been 125 runs. Winning the toss may not be crucial here, as the team batting first has won 50% of matches.
As for the weather, the temperature is expected to be around 16°C with 53% humidity. Winds are predicted at a speed of 9.46 m/s. The presence of cloud cover suggests some assistance for the pace bowlers, making it an interesting factor to consider when choosing your Dream11 team.
ST-W vs MR-W Squad Information
Melbourne Renegades Women (MR-W) Squad: Tammy Beaumont, Sarah Coyte, Harmanpreet Kaur, Jess Duffin, Hayley Matthews, Georgia Prestwidge, Tayla Vlaeminck, Sophie Molineux, Georgia Wareham, Erica Kershaw, Josephine Dooley, Courtney Webb, Rhiann O’Donnell, Ellie Falconer, Emma De Broughe, Ella Hayward and Sara Kennedy.
Sydney Thunder Women (ST-W) Squad: Marizanne Kapp, Chamari Athapaththu, Heather Knight, Samantha Bates, Sammy-Jo Johnson, Lauren Smith, Lauren Bell, Hannah Darlington, Saskia Horley, Tahlia Wilson, Phoebe Litchfield, Olivia Porter, Anika Learoyd, Claire Moore, Ebony Hoskin and Paris Bowdler.
Pace or Spin?
The SCG pitch is conducive to both pacers and spinners, making it essential to strike a balance in your team selection.
Top Batter and Wicket-Keeper Picks:
- Tamsin Tilley Beaumont: Tammy Beaumont is a top-order, right-handed batter with an average of 47 match fantasy points in the last 10 games. She is known for her consistency and has scored 222 runs at an average of 44.4 in her recent five matches.
- Phoebe Litchfield: A top-order left-handed batter, Phoebe Litchfield has an average of 58 match fantasy points in the last 10 games. She has been a reliable contributor and scored 195 runs in her last five matches, averaging 39 per match.
- Jessica Evelyn Duffin: Jess Duffin, a right-handed batter, boasts an average of 19 match fantasy points in the last 10 games. While her recent form has been moderate, she remains a player to watch.
Top Bowler Picks:
- Samantha Lee Bates: Samantha Bates is a slow left-arm orthodox bowler with an average of 35 match fantasy points in the last 10 games. In her recent four matches, she has taken four wickets, showcasing her wicket-taking ability.
- Hannah Joy Darlington: Hannah Darlington, a right-arm medium pacer, maintains an average of 34 match fantasy points in the last 10 games. With three wickets in her last three matches, she’s proven to be a valuable asset.
- Sophie Molineux: Sophie Molineux, a slow left-arm orthodox bowler, has an average of 40 match fantasy points in the last 10 games. She offers a high-risk, high-reward option for your Fantasy Team.
Top All-Rounder Picks:
- Hayley Kristen Matthews: Hayley Matthews, a top-order right-handed batter, holds an average of 130 match fantasy points in the last 10 games. She has scored 12, 0, 0, 20, and 0 runs in her recent three matches while also contributing as a bowler.
- Ella Hayward: Ella Hayward is a right-handed batter and a handy off-break bowler. With an average of 61 match fantasy points in the last 10 games, she is a versatile player. She scored 16 runs in her last four matches and took six wickets.
- Sammy-Jo Johnson: Sammy-Jo Johnson is a right-arm medium-fast bowler who offers consistency with an average of 40 match fantasy points in the last 10 games. With two wickets in her recent three matches, she can be a valuable addition to your team.
Top Players of the Last Match:
- The top point-getters for Sydney Thunder Women in their previous match were Phoebe Litchfield (84 match fantasy points), Tahlia Wilson (66 match fantasy points), and Sammy-Jo Johnson (60 match fantasy points).
- For Melbourne Renegades Women, Harmanpreet Kaur led the way with 124 match fantasy points, followed by Georgia Wareham (78 match fantasy points) and Hayley Matthews (70 match fantasy points).
Captain and Vice-Captain Picks:
- Hayley Kristen Matthews: A consistent performer, Hayley Matthews is a top-order batter and a valuable bowler. She boasts an average of 130 match fantasy points in the last 10 games and should be considered as a captain or vice-captain option.
- Ella Hayward: A versatile all-rounder, Ella Hayward offers a balanced contribution with both bat and ball. Her average of 61 match fantasy points in the last 10 games makes her a strong captain or vice-captain candidate.
- Tamsin Tilley Beaumont: Tammy Beaumont’s consistent form and ability to anchor the innings make her a strong contender for captaincy or vice-captaincy in your Dream11 team.
Sydney Thunder vs Melbourne Renegades Dream11 Team Prediction Today
- Wicket-Keeper: Josephine Dooley
- Batters: Tammy Beaumont and Phoebe Litchfield
- All-Rounders: Hayley Matthews, Chamari Athapaththu, Ella Hayward, Sammy-Jo Johnson and Marizanne Kapp
- Bowlers: Samantha Bates, Hannah Darlington and Georgia Wareham
- Captain: Marizanne Kapp
- Vice-Captain: Josephine Dooley
As you prepare your Dream11 team for the ST-W vs MR-W clash, remember to assess the current form and key player statistics. Making informed choices is vital to securing a competitive fantasy cricket team. Good luck!