Cricket enthusiasts are in for a treat as Sydney Thunder Women face off against Perth Scorchers Women in Match 44 of the Women’s Big Bash League 2023. The battle is set to unfold at Cricket Central, Sydney Olympic Park on November 18, 2023, at 09:30 AM IST. Let’s delve into the details, team standings, and key player insights for this exciting encounter.
- Match: Sydney Thunder Women vs Perth Scorchers Women, Match 44
- Date: 18th November 2023
- Time: 09:30 AM IST
- Venue: Cricket Central, Sydney Olympic Park
Previous Encounters and Fantasy Highlights
In the previous face-off, Beth Mooney was the Player of the Match, securing 154 fantasy points for Perth Scorchers Women. For Sydney Thunder Women, Hannah Darlington shone, amassing 65 match fantasy points.
In their recent outings, Sydney Thunder Women suffered a defeat against Adelaide Strikers Women, with Lauren Smith emerging as the top fantasy player with 97 points. Perth Scorchers Women, however, dominated Sydney Sixers Women in their last match, winning by 61 runs, with Beth Mooney leading the fantasy points chart with 132.
Pitch Report and Weather Conditions
Cricket Central, Sydney Olympic Park, boasts a balanced pitch with an average 1st innings score of 135 runs in the last 18 matches. The conditions favor both batsmen and bowlers, making it an exciting battleground. The weather forecast predicts cloudy conditions with light rain, potentially aiding pacers with movement. The temperature is expected to hover around 23.34°C with 86% humidity and 11.68 m/s winds.
Pace or Spin?
The venue at Cricket Central caters well to both pacers and spinners, offering an even playing field for all bowling styles.
SYT-W vs PRS-W Squad Information
Perth Scorchers Women (PS-W) Squad: Sophie Devine, Amy Jones, Lauren Winfield, Natalie Sciver-Brunt, Beth Mooney, Alana King, Piepa Cleary, Chloe Piparo, Lisa Griffith, Taneale Peschel, Stella Campbell, Amy Edgar, Maddy Darke, Lilly Mills, Zoe Britcliffe, Georgia Wyllie, Charis Bekker and Chloe Ainsworth
Sydney Thunder Women (ST-W) Squad: Marizanne Kapp, Chamari Athapaththu, Heather Knight, Samantha Bates, Sammy-Jo Johnson, Lauren Smith, Lauren Bell, Hannah Darlington, Saskia Horley, Tahlia Wilson, Phoebe Litchfield, Olivia Porter, Anika Learoyd, Claire Moore, Ebony Hoskin, Paris Bowdler and Isabella Malgioglio
SYT-W vs PRS-W Dream11 Prediction: Top Picks
Batters and Wicket-Keeper:
- Bethany Louise Mooney: A left-handed batter and wicket-keeper with an average of 79 fantasy points. A consistent performer, scoring 91, 101, 47, 50, 0 runs in the last 5 matches.
- Amy Louise Edgar: A right-handed batter and occasional bowler with an average of 66 fantasy points. A consistent player, providing an all-around contribution.
- Lauren Smith: An off-break bowler with an average of 53 fantasy points. Inconsistency adds an element of risk, but she has a good record against Perth Scorchers Women.
- Hannah Joy Darlington: A right-arm medium bowler with an average of 60 fantasy points. Consistent wicket-taking ability, making her a valuable pick.
- Alana King: A leg-break bowler with an average of 55 fantasy points. A good safe pick, having taken 6 wickets in the last 4 matches.
- Chamari Athapaththu: An explosive all-rounder with an average of 79 fantasy points. A top-order left-handed batter with significant impact.
- Sophie Devine: A top-order opening right-handed batter and all-rounder with an average of 84 fantasy points. A consistent performer, scoring 86 runs in the last 3 matches.
- Natalie Sciver-Brunt: A right-handed top-order batter and all-rounder with an average of 42 fantasy points. A steady contributor with the bat.
Top Players of the Last Match
- Sydney Thunder Women: Lauren Smith (97 fantasy points), Chamari Athapaththu (91), Anika Learoyd (43).
- Perth Scorchers Women: Beth Mooney (132 fantasy points), Amy Edgar (79), Alana King (78).
Captain and Vice-Captain Picks
- Sophie Devine: An all-rounder with an average of 84 fantasy points. A consistent top-order right-handed batter.
- Chamari Athapaththu: An explosive all-rounder with an average of 79 fantasy points. A top-order left-handed batter.
- Natalie Sciver-Brunt: A top-order right-handed batter and all-rounder with an average of 42 fantasy points. A steady contributor.
- Beth Mooney: A left-handed batter and wicket-keeper with an average of 79 fantasy points. A consistent performer.
- Marizanne Kapp: An all-rounder with an average of 36 fantasy points. A steady contributor with the bat.
SYT-W vs PRS-W Dream11 Team Today
Wicket-Keeper: Beth Mooney
Batters: Phoebe Litchfield and Lisa Griffith
All-Rounders: Chamari Athapaththu, Sophie Devine, Natalie Sciver-Brunt, Marizanne Kapp and Amy Edgar
Bowlers: Lauren Smith, Chloe Ainsworth and Lauren Bell
Captain: Chloe Ainsworth
Vice-Captain: Lisa Griffith
As the cricketing drama unfolds at Cricket Central, Sydney Olympic Park, fans and fantasy cricket enthusiasts can gear up for a thrilling match filled with batting prowess, bowling finesse, and all-round heroics. The ST-W vs PS-W clash promises to be a spectacle worth watching, and fantasy teams are set to be put to the ultimate test on November 18, 2023.