The 35th match of the ICC Cricket World Cup 2023 is set to ignite the fervor of cricket enthusiasts worldwide as New Zealand takes on Pakistan at the iconic M. Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bengaluru on November 4 at 10:30 AM IST. This clash promises an intense battle between two formidable teams vying for victory in this esteemed tournament.
- Match: New Zealand vs Pakistan, Match 35
- Date: November 4, 2023
- Time: 10:30 AM IST
- Venue: M. Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bengaluru
Both New Zealand and Pakistan have participated in 7 matches each in the tournament, currently holding the fourth and fifth positions on the points table, respectively.
In their recent encounters, New Zealand faced a staggering defeat against South Africa, while Pakistan secured a convincing win against Bangladesh. These contrasting outcomes set the stage for an exhilarating showdown between the two teams.
M. Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bengaluru Pitch Report and Weather Conditions: The M. Chinnaswamy Stadium pitch in Bengaluru has historically favored both batsmen and bowlers, offering a balanced gameplay. However, statistics indicate that chasing might be the preferred choice at this venue, considering the team batting first has won only 35% of matches. The average first innings score here in the last 20 matches stands at 245 runs.
Weather conditions in Bengaluru for the match day are expected to be around 26°C with 64% humidity and a moderate wind speed of 3.19 m/s. Cloud cover might offer assistance to pace bowlers, with light rain anticipated, potentially influencing the dynamics of play.
NZ vs PAK Squad Information
New Zealand (NZ) Squad: Tim Southee, Kane Williamson, Trent Boult, Tom Latham, James Neesham, Devon Conway, Daryl Mitchell, Ish Sodhi, Mitchell Santner, Mark Chapman, Matt Henry, Will Young, Tom Blundell, Lockie Ferguson, Kyle Jamieson, Glenn Phillips and Rachin Ravindra.
Pakistan (PAK) Squad: Mohammad Rizwan, Iftikhar Ahmed, Fakhar Zaman, Mohammad Nawaz, Babar Azam, Imam-ul-Haq, Usama Mir, Agha Salman, Saud Shakeel, Hasan Ali, Abdullah Shafique, Shadab Khan, Shaheen Afridi, Abrar Ahmed, Haris Rauf, Mohammad Haris, Mohammad Wasim and Zaman Khan.
Key Players to Watch:
From New Zealand:
- Daryl Joseph Mitchell: A consistent top-order right-handed batter with an average of 69 match fantasy points in the last 10 games, making him a key player for fantasy teams.
- Rachin Ravindra: A left-handed top-order batsman known for scoring an average of 80 match fantasy points in the last 10 games, showcasing his potential to contribute significantly.
- Shaheen Shah Afridi: Among the top bowler picks, Afridi holds an average of 59 match fantasy points in the last 10 games and remains a safe bet for fantasy teams.
- Mohammad Rizwan: An impactful wicket-keeper and top-order right-handed batter, maintaining an average of 81 match fantasy points in the last 10 games, making him a safe pick for fantasy teams.
- Babar Azam: A talented top-order right-handed batsman with an average of 58 match fantasy points in the last 10 games, presenting a good choice for fantasy teams.
- Usama Mir: A leg break bowler with an average of 51 match fantasy points in the last 10 games, showcasing his potential to make a difference in fantasy lineups.
NZ vs PAK Dream11 Team Today
Wicket-Keepers: Mohammad Rizwan and Devon Conway
Batters: Daryl Mitchell, Babar Azam and Will Young
All-Rounders: Iftikhar Ahmed and James Neesham
Bowlers: Shaheen Afridi, Trent Boult, Usama Mir and Lockie Ferguson
Captain: Usama Mir
Vice-Captain: Iftikhar Ahmed
The match between New Zealand and Pakistan promises a compelling showdown with a tantalizing mix of talent and skill on display. As both teams vie for dominance in this critical encounter, the anticipation for a thrilling game of cricket is palpable among fans and supporters alike.