In the sixteenth match of the ICC World Cup 2023, New Zealand is set to take on Afghanistan in what promises to be an exciting encounter. Let’s dive into the Dream11 prediction, match details, and some key insights into this clash.
- Match: New Zealand vs Afghanistan
- Date: 18th October 2023
- Venue: MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chennai, India
Match Preview The ICC World Cup 2023 continues with its sixteenth game, featuring a clash between New Zealand and Afghanistan. New Zealand, currently occupying the second spot on the points table, is up against Afghanistan, who finds themselves at the sixth position.
New Zealand has had a stellar run in the tournament so far, winning all three of their matches. Their latest victory came against Bangladesh, where Kane Williamson and Daryl Mitchell displayed fine form with 78 and 89 runs, respectively.
Afghanistan, on the other hand, secured a win in just one out of their three matches, most recently defeating England. Rahmanullah Gurbaz’s explosive 80 runs and a superb performance from their bowlers, Mujeeb ur Rehman and Rashid Khan, helped Afghanistan clinch victory.
New Zealand and Afghanistan have crossed paths in this format twice before, with New Zealand winning both encounters. This history sets the stage for an intriguing contest.
- New Zealand: 2
- Afghanistan: 0
- Temperature: 31°C
- Humidity: 65%
- Wind Speed: 11 km/hr
- Precipitation: None
Pitch Report The MA Chidambaram Stadium’s pitch is renowned for offering support to both batsmen and bowlers. It tends to slow down in the latter part of the game, making chasing a challenging task. Given the conditions, winning the toss and choosing to bat would be the ideal decision.
Average 1st innings score: 247 runs
Record of chasing teams: Teams batting second have a winning percentage of just 35% on this track.
Injury Update (To be added when available)
Probable XIs New Zealand:
- Devon Conway, Rachin Ravindra, Kane Williamson (c), Daryl Mitchell, Tom Latham (wk), Glenn Phillips, Mark Chapman, Mitchell Santner, Matt Henry, Lockie Ferguson, Trent Boult
- Rahmanullah Gurbaz, Ibrahim Zadran, Rahmat Shah, Hashmatullah Shahidi (c), Mohammad Nabi, Ikram Alikhil (wk), Azmatullah Omarzai, Rashid Khan, Mujeeb Ur Rahman, Fazalhaq Farooqi, Naveen-ul-Haq
Dream11 Prediction and Fantasy Cricket Players Stats
- Devon Conway: 229 runs
- Mitchell Santner: 36 runs and 9 wickets
- Rashid Khan: 48 runs and 3 wickets
- Rachin Ravindra: 183 runs and 2 wickets
- Devon Conway: The left-handed batsman has been in superb form, scoring 229 runs in the tournament.
- Mitchell Santner: A vital all-rounder with 36 runs and 9 wickets, he’s an essential pick for your Dream11 team.
- Rachin Ravindra: A left-handed batsman and left-arm orthodox spinner, he has contributed significantly with 183 runs and 2 wickets.
- Rashid Khan: The right-arm leg-break bowler from Afghanistan has notched up 48 runs and taken 3 wickets.
- Mohammad Nabi: A right-handed batsman and right-arm off-break bowler, a valuable addition to your fantasy side.
- Will Young: A right-handed batsman who opens the innings for New Zealand, offering a safe pick for your team.
Captain and Vice-captain Choices
- Captain: Devon Conway, Mitchell Santner
- Vice-Captain: Rachin Ravindra, Rashid Khan
Suggested Playing XI No. 1 (Small Leagues and Head-to-Head)
- Keepers: Devon Conway (c), Rahmanullah Gurbaz, Tom Latham
- Batsmen: Daryl Mitchell, Glenn Philips, Ibrahim Zadran
- All-rounders: Mitchell Santner, Rachin Ravindra (vc)
- Bowlers: Matt Henry, Rashid Khan, Mujeeb Ur Rahman
Suggested Playing XI No. 2 (Grand Leagues)
- Keepers: Devon Conway, Rahmanullah Gurbaz
- Batsmen: Daryl Mitchell, Glenn Philips, Ibrahim Zadran, Will Young
- All-rounders: Mitchell Santner (c), Rachin Ravindra
- Bowlers: Matt Henry, Rashid Khan (vc), Mujeeb Ur Rahman
Players to Avoid
- Mark Chapman and Rahmat Shah are suggested to be avoided in this match.
Expert Advice Devon Conway is an excellent choice for captain in small leagues, while Mitchell Santner makes a strong captaincy choice for grand leagues. Keep an eye on Will Young and Tom Latham as potential punts. The suggested combination for this match is 3-3-2-3.
Probable Winners Considering the team combination, New Zealand is expected to come out victorious in this match.