The Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium, Pune, is all set to witness the exhilarating clash between New Zealand and South Africa in the 32nd game of the ICC Cricket World Cup 2023. For all the ardent fantasy cricket enthusiasts, the meticulous selection of your Dream11 team can be a game-changer. Here’s a comprehensive lowdown on match details and essential player statistics to assist in creating a formidable Dream11 squad.
- Match: New Zealand vs South Africa, Match 32
- Date: 1st November 2023
- Time: 02:00 PM IST
- Venue: Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium, Pune
Match Preview: New Zealand, positioned third on the points table, will square off against South Africa, who are currently ranked second. The previous encounter between these sides in the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 saw stellar performances by Kane Williamson and Chris Morris, gathering substantial fantasy points for their respective teams.
- New Zealand encountered a narrow defeat against Australia where Rachin Ravindra emerged as their top fantasy player, showcasing an impressive performance with 157 fantasy points.
- South Africa secured a nail-biting victory against Pakistan, with Tabraiz Shamsi stealing the limelight by amassing 112 fantasy points.
Pitch Report and Weather Conditions: The Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium, Pune, boasts a balanced pitch, offering a fair opportunity to both batsmen and bowlers. Pacers have been dominant, accounting for 67% of the total wickets. The weather is expected to favor competitive cricket, with a temperature hovering around 30.67°C and 33% humidity.
NZ vs SA Possible Playing XI
New Zealand (NZ) Possible Playing XI: Devon Conway, Tom Latham, Will Young, Mark Chapman, Matt Henry, Trent Boult, Lockie Ferguson, Rachin Ravindra, Mitchell Santner, Daryl Mitchell and Glenn Phillips
South Africa (SA) Possible Playing XI: Quinton de Kock, Heinrich Klaasen, Reeza Hendricks, Rassie van der Dussen, David Miller, Kagiso Rabada, Gerald Coetzee, Keshav Maharaj, Lizaad Williams, Marco Jansen and Aiden Markram
Top Picks for Dream11 Team:
Batters and Wicket-Keepers:
- Quinton de Kock: A crucial player with an average of 102 match fantasy points and a staggering 66.2 average in recent matches.
- Heinrich Klaasen: A consistent wicket-keeper and batter with an average of 77 match fantasy points and an impressive recent average of 53.6.
- Devon Philip Conway: A high-risk, high-return player showcasing potential with an average of 53 match fantasy points and a recent average of 25.
- Gerald William Coetzee: A good pick with an average of 58 match fantasy points, exhibiting consistent performance in recent matches.
- Kagiso Rabada: A very consistent right-arm fast bowler offering an average of 64 match fantasy points.
- Matthew James Henry: A reliable choice, averaging 53 match fantasy points, displaying consistency in recent performances.
- Daryl Joseph Mitchell: A high-value pick with an average of 67 match fantasy points, showcasing brilliant performance in recent matches.
- Marco Jansen: A strong all-rounder averaging 94 match fantasy points, displaying impressive consistency with the ball.
Captain and Vice-Captain Selection:
- Daryl Joseph Mitchell: A consistent top-order batter with high match fantasy points.
- Quinton de Kock: A vital player with excellent fantasy points and impressive performance in recent matches.
- Marco Jansen: A key all-rounder displaying consistency with significant match fantasy points.
- Heinrich Klaasen: A reliable wicket-keeper and batter delivering good fantasy points.
- Aiden Kyle Markram: A consistent all-rounder providing substantial match fantasy points.
NZ vs SA Dream11 Team Today
- Wicket-Keepers: Quinton de Kock, Heinrich Klaasen and Tom Latham
- Batters: Daryl Mitchell, Aiden Markram and Will Young
- All-Rounders: Marco Jansen and Rachin Ravindra
- Bowlers: Kagiso Rabada, Gerald Coetzee and Lungi Ngidi
- Captain: Heinrich Klaasen
- Vice-Captain: Daryl Mitchell
The game between New Zealand and South Africa promises to be an intense battle. Crafting the right Dream11 team involves shrewd decision-making and a thorough understanding of player performance. The blend of consistent performers, reliable players, and astute captaincy choices will be vital for a successful venture in the high-octane clash of ICC Cricket World Cup 2023.